Black Forest Burn Area
RBD Contact – Contact the Black Forest Recovery Specialist assigned to the burn area.
- placard left on door.
Utilities – Re-energize your structures.
– health information.
- permit information for debris and foundation removal.
– rules for debris and foundation removal.
– for damaged/ destroyed structures.
– information on best practices for plant regrowth.
– temporary living accommodation.
– process for obtaining permits.
Building permits – dwellings and outbuildings.
– types, required, cost and possible sequence.
– options for rebuilding your home.
– garages, sheds, etc.
Code Changes – search tool for changes in code requirement.
Sustainability (optional) – alternate/ renewable energy resources.
– permit activity in the Black Forest Burn Area.
El Paso County Development Services – land use code requirements.
Home Page – Land use information.
Special Provisions – Special land use allowances.
County Debris Disposal – On site disposal provisions in conjunction with Health Department Guidelines.
Fire Code Please contact Black Forest Fire Department (719) 495-4300 or Falcon Fire (719) 495-4050.
– (link coming soon) fee schedules/ requirements.
– search for licensed contractors.
– a word of caution.
– businesses, insurance precautions, and more.