The Pikes Peak Regional Building Department's Floodplain Management Office provides floodplain management services for Colorado Springs, Fountain, Green Mountain Falls, Manitou Springs, Monument, Palmer Lake and unincorporated El Paso County.
- Issuing Floodplain Development Permits
- Maintaining local floodplain maps and document
- Inspections of approved development
- Investigations of floodplain violations
- Resolving violations and enforcing regulations
- Working with the participating communities
- Flood mitigation evaluation services are available
Plans Review for proposed alterations & construction
All proposed alterations or construction on properties located in floodplain areas must be reviewed by the Regional Floodplain Management, and most projects require a Floodplain Development permit. Project examples include new construction, remodeling or additions to existing dwellings or buildings; excavation, fill or extensive landscaping; and installation of fences, roads and bridges. Call 327-2907 for more information.